Program Quality Director Report – May 2016
Toastmasters Leadership Institute (TLI)
Our TLIs are scheduled:
- TLI South at Illinois State University on June 18th and the Dean is Rakesh Chandra
- TLI West is July 23th at WIU Quad City Campus and the Dean is Jenn Yates
- TLI North is July 30th at Fountaindale Public Library in Bolingbrook, and the Dean is Rich Lane.
Forty seven days are left in this Toastmaster year. How are your personal goals and the goals of your club, Area, and Division doing?
I find it helps to simply remind myself that I’m in charge. Many times, when the going gets tough, we begin to feel like the choices we made (sometimes long ago) are not our own. Sometimes a reminder to ourselves that we are the ones who originally set this goal is a good way to rev the engine. Look back at all you’ve already achieved.
If you have been taking steps towards your goal for a while, then it can be great to take some time to consider all that you have already accomplished. All long goals take multiple, incremental steps to attain. Pat yourself on the back, and remind yourself of these achievements. Explore the reasons you’re going for this goal, and remind yourself often.
Distinguished Club Program as of 5/11/2016
- Division A - 2 clubs Distinguished, 2 clubs Select Distinguished
- Division B - 2 clubs Distinguished
- Division C - 1 club President Distinguished
- Division D - 1 club Distinguished, 4 clubs Select Distinguished
- Division E - 3 clubs Select Distinguished, 1 club President Distinguished
- Division F - 1 club Select Distinguished
What will it take for your Club, Area, or Division to be distinguished this year? There is still time to have guest days, open houses and time to complete educational and leadership designations.
Let’s give the last 47 days everything we have.
Valerie Horton, DTM
Program Quality Director